Wednesday, January 18, 2012

Want a chalkboard?

But the price of one or that special paint is too expensive? Well here's a great DIY recipe. I was checking our pins on Pinterest and came across this site the idea room, and found the recipe. I followed it and had a success with just doing basic colors. 


All you need is 1 cup of paint and 2 Tablespoons of non sanded white grout.

  Now me being very excited to try this out I didn't look at the link to the recipe and steps she used till today, I found I missed a few but that just means I'll have better pics for next time. Also they never talked about the stench, very strong ammonia smell so make sure you have a window open. I also found that doing 2 or more coats works best and they are tougher if dried for at least 12 hours each time. Knowing that I can redo my kitchen cart so that my grease stains don't show and when I paint my fridge and the rest of my freezer it will be nice and even with no chunks. And what's better than making your own paint? How about making your own chalk? Which I will make later on this year. I have big plans for that post.
Free Blog Template by June Lily