Monday, October 31, 2011

Happy Halloween!

So I chose to make my own headless gingerbread men, but instead of using the recipe I posted I used a simple sugar cookie and hard icing recipe for mine. I also added lemon extract in the dough & icing for the men and orange extract and color for the pumpkins. They came out very nice with just the right mount of flavor.










Here's my work ladies and gentlemen...  First I started out with about 30 dozen mini men, and then I ripped the heads off and tossed them aside. Mixing up a basic hard cookie icing, I colored it a brownish red and flavored it lemon to match the cookies. Piping the color on only the broken edges I created a 'bloody' body.











Next thing I did was to have the hubby paint orange colored and flavored frosting on the 15 dozen pumpkins I needed and let both sets dry over night.
I bagged each cookie together and placed 30 bags for each classroom, then dragged my butt up, and drove the kids to school. 




And of course I have leftover cookies but no more bags. Maybe it's a sign that I need to stop baking so much. I can't give any of it away any more. LOL So now this mama is off to take a nap and then finish carving the rest of the pumpkins. Don't forget to check out my First ever dragon pumpkin carving I did.

Comments:

Free Blog Template by June Lily