Monday, September 30, 2013

Let the countdown begin!

     WOOT WOOT!! Tomorrow starts a very special day for the Lowry household, The start of the major holiday decorating as well as the countdown till each one. I love it. Tomorrow, ok, ok today I'm going to start putting up the Halloween decorations. I'll start designing the costumes and getting the costume trunk out donating all the old too small ones to make room for the new totally awesome ones. What are we going as you ask? I plan on being Anne of Bolyen while the hubby will be an executioner... get it LOL. Cadence and Tydan are letting me fully make their costumes and the even let me choose them, Cadence is a tornado and Tydan a clothes hamper monster. I plan on doing a post for each of them before Halloween. Daytona, my pretty princess for once isn't going to be a fairy. She got to get a store bought costume so she can be Rapunzel, now I just need to find her a Pasquale. I love Halloween, dressing up, sharing candy with the kids, being able to act like a kid myself sometimes. Even planning next years costumes.
   
  As I posted before our family is setting up a fall bucket list, it's been so rainy here that we really can't do anything that requires being outside. Though on Saturday we had a brief shining moment of no rain and was able to go to our state historical museum for a wonderful day with History Comes Alive. There we're games, and demos all throughout the ages.
Tydan told me he was sure but not positive this was Abe Lincoln. We got to see a cannon demonstration though we missed the war reenactment due to the boys having to watch the Knights fight. 

They played hoop rolling 





And of course loved all the different cars. My favorite being the prohibition truck.

Planning to go again next year and of course take more pictures. It was hard to do this time with only my little cell phone camera. Maybe by then Daytona will get over her shyness and participate. I have no pictures of her at all that day because she would hide whenever the camera came out LOL.
Next week I hope to take the kids to the Nampa Historical Museum for more wonderful history.

Next up on our personal bucket list is to make S'mores in a fire pit when the rain stops, drink cider, and make yummy Halloween treats. 

Are you ready for Fall? Stay tuned for more from this Susie's Life.









Comments:

Free Blog Template by June Lily