Tuesday, October 1, 2013

A change must be made.

Taking a look at a few things that have been going on and slipping through the cracks for this Susie, I have taken on a new personality. No more push over mommy, nice mommy, easy mommy, she's done!!! 

Last month the kids all helped out to make a new chore chart, and a rewards system. Something they swore they would never forget and always do. In that whole time they have gotten it right 2 times. TWICE in a month! I couldn't believe it, the other 28 days I had to yell, be mean, give up, bribe, or do it myself. All the while my own items were either not done or done poorly. I have spent the last month being mad, depressed, and tired.
 NO MORE I SAY!!!

I don't want to be a hard mean mommy but I can't do my job efficiently if I'm having to hold there hand each time. I have no brain power to help with homework, I find myself repeating things that I said before, forgetting important things when I really need them, or just plain losing my marbles when I look at my home. 
I spend most of my time out shopping to fill the void depression has given me. Filling my home with more things we really didn't need, just so I don't have to be at home alone with nothing to do but clean.

The rain here hasn't helped much, but something needed to change. Since the family won't do it it must be left to me. I know that I can't truly do everything. I may think I'm Super Mommy but I'm really just one woman. So I'm starting over, making a new chapter in my life. 
I want to be more active and not just to lose weight, I mean in all aspects of my life. Getting out and enjoying the world more. Taking a more active approach to my home other than to squeak by with the saying, "I have kids ya know so of course I have no time". I am looking to plan my hours better so that I'm not frazzled and haggard when the hubby comes home. I want to be poised and confident in who I am. 
Last week I dug out my poorly abused and dusty Home Binder and cleaned out my coupon binder. I made a perfectly wonderful chore binder and started working on a Savings binder to help out as well. 

I'm sitting down to plan out the best approach to my days that will not only give me the maximum time to get everything done, but will still allow me time to enjoy my life. 

I have already started in with today's room of choice. Going off the kid's chores it goes like this; 
Sunday - Cadence and Tydan's bedroom
Monday - Daytona's bedroom
Tuesday - Bathrooms and Hallway
Wednesday - Kitchen and Laundry room
Thursday - Living room and Entry way
Friday - Dining room and Pantry
Saturday - Office 

Every day is pick up day, animals, dishes, and laundry. The idea is to not be so overwhelmed by everything that needs to be done and have no time for the things that are fun. 

 So with my trusty to do list in my hand thanks to the wonderful site Cozi, I am feeling more in charge of my home today than I have in a long time. I will not stop until my list is cleared and I'm ready for the new day.
Someday, I will hold my perfectly coiffed head high and smile when someone asks me "How do you manage it all?"

Comments:

Free Blog Template by June Lily