Wednesday, December 28, 2011

Pegging me for a crafter

I needed a new space to hang my ribbons that was easy to change out when either A. I ran out or B. needed to take it with me. The hubby had some old peg board and posts from the garage and I had the frame and paint.

 1. First step was to cut the board down to the right size and then I painted it a nice matt black.


 2. To add a bit of cuteness and to use some of my nifty ribbon I glued lengths of it to the outer edge. It over laps a bit where the frame goes but I though it made it look more finished.


3. I sanded the edges down a bit to take off some of the stain and then it was off to paint the frame. Since I have GALLONS of left over house paint (gee I really should finish painting my kitchen) I used my red to brush on and slightly wash the frame. Then i used a paper towel and rubbed some of the paint off to give it a used look. Put the frame and back together and look at it now.



I plan on gluing some little strawberries and bows to cover up the screws holding it to the wall. When I find the one I really want I'm putting up a ruler under it so I can measure just what I need.

Comments:

Free Blog Template by June Lily