Wednesday, December 14, 2011

Crafting and more crafting OH MY!

I don't have any pics to show off right now, but I have been crafting up a storm using ideas from Pinterest.
- I made a Felt rose  headband.
- I made some paper plate baskets.
- I made some pretty awesome twine/yarn covered vases.
- Since I seem to have a decor ball fetish, I made my own.
I have also had a great time playing with stamps and learning calligraphy. And last Thursday I went to my first The girls meet up group and made some cute plant stakes for my house and got a jump on 2012 ornaments.
But my week hasn't been just crafts. I took my very first leap into DIY laundry items. It started with wanting to make dryer sheets since my kids go through them like crazy!  Then I decided if I do one thing Homemade I might as well try all that I wanted to so I went to Wal-Mart, to get what I needed & made my very own fabric softner, which led to making my own laundry soap, and febreeze. I did all this which should last around six months for under 20$. I spend that every 2 weeks on the store bought stuff. I feel pretty accomplished right now, so much in fact I went shopping for some new craft items and some much needed shirts. Stay tuned for all the other items I plan on making, and this time I'll make sure the camera batteries are fresh LOL.

Comments:

Free Blog Template by June Lily