Thursday, October 30, 2014

Cleaning up the Holiday's ~ Week 1, Day 4 - Furniture

Day 4 for me dawned bright and early like normal with just a hint of lingering cold. And while it didn't stop me from getting my routine, sans getting dressed done.  I didn't manage to get post written.
 
So without further ado I bring you day 4.
Drum roll please... 
ALL FURNITURE!

Pull out your couches, chairs, entertainment centers, even if it's just far enough to get a vacuum attachment behind and clean out the dust bunnies that have reproduced by the millions. How long has it been since your couches have been refreshed? Take this time to vacuum the cushions, under the cushions, and under the bottom. Take some dryer sheets and tuck in the folds for a fresh smell when your guests sit down, febreeze your living room if your furniture is a bit stale smelling. Do you have slip covers, throw pillows or rugs? Take them out and give a nice refresh as well. Place what you can in the wash, hang  others outside to air out (weather permitting). Did you know that sunshine actually kills germs lingering in your home, as well as naturally bleaches simple stains when left out long enough. I love it. For the first 2 years after we bought our home I'd hang out clothes out to dry during the summer. This year however the line snapped and Mr Mechanic hasn't had the time to build me a nice drying line, but I just loved the way things smell when we'd bring them in. Now during the winter I almost never hang the clothes out to dry and I wind up using Febreeze. Every so often I make my own to get away from so many chemicals there are in today's cleaning products and let me tell you the scents you can make are amazing. Are you ready for my totally great recipe? Well here it is, I have 2 of them that I love to use.

DIY Homemade Febreze is such a cinch to make, and you’ll save SO much $$ with this simple little trick!

  • Add 3 tbsp. Fabric Softener {like your favorite scent of Downy} to empty spray bottle
  • Fill spray bottle with approx. 2 – 3 cups hot water. {depending on size of bottle}
  • Add in 1 tbsp. Baking Soda
  • Mix, and enjoy!!
  • Portions can be adjusted slightly, depending on the size of your spray bottle.
This is a good recipe since everyone always has fabric softener on hand. I can give rave reviews as to it's effectiveness even with my homemade fabric softener recipe.As will all household items please test a small inconspicuous section of your furniture to spray to make sure there are no problems with using the spray.

My next recipe is on I make the most as it doubles as a quick counter cleaner and air deodorizer. 

Essential Oil Febreeze

  • Add spray bottle with approx. 2 – 3 cups hot water. {depending on size of bottle}
  • Add in 1 tbsp. Baking Soda
  • Add in 10-20 drops of your favorite essential oil
  • Mix, and enjoy!!
  • Portions can be adjusted slightly, depending on the size of your spray bottle.

Now my dear readers pat your self on the back... your living room is now back to square one and is drop by friendly.

Comments:

Free Blog Template by June Lily