Sunday, October 26, 2014

Cleaning up the Holiday's

The holiday's are fast approaching and I don't know about everyone but my house suffers from CHAOS (Can't Have Anyone Over Syndrome) With some tweaked help from the FlyLady.net and her wonderful Holiday Control Journal I have slowly started taking back my home just in time for the holiday parties and hub-bub of activities that never seem to happen for my family. Christmas cards... never sent because i missed placed the cards or address book. Hand made gifts... poorly done because I've used all counter space for dishes or projects. Not this year! This year I may not get everything done but I will feel better about having people over.

I have adapted the Holiday Control Journal to fit my needs for the next 2 months. I have thoroughly planned to spend the next 8 weeks in preparation for getting my home in order. I will be spending the next 5 weeks getting my whole home ready for the holidays and the 3 weeks after prefecting my routine while enjoying the activities I have planned. Please join me for each week for Cleaning the Holiday's by working on one area at a time.

Week 1- Living room and Entry. The first places your guest will see when coming to your home.
Week 2 - Kitchen and Pantry. A well planned meal or party starts with these two rooms.
Week 3 - Dining Room. Be able to sit down to your meal with flare and not exhaustion.
Week 4 -  Bathrooms and Bedrooms. This is mostly for your piece of mind.
Week 5 - Extra rooms or Extra care. If you have an office, your yard, or just need more time on another   room now is a great time to do it.
Weeks 6-8 - Work on a routine that works for you. While Fly Lady has a great starting point it doesn't work for everyone.  Take the time to get to know what works and why. Take notes for future use.

Now I'm a bit late in posting this so Day 1 & 2 will be posted right after this. I look forward to your comments and helpful tips.

Comments:

Free Blog Template by June Lily