Wednesday, November 5, 2014

Cleaning up the Holiday's ~ Week 2, Day 3 - Large appliances

Today is all about cleaning up your appliances, both in and behind them. With Holiday parties and meals comes an extra work load for your appliances. If they are going to fail they will at this time and right when you need them most. One way to keep them in tip top shape is to keep them clean at all times. I have posted just a few that need a scheduled cleaning that you should start right now.

Refrigerator 
Daily - Spot wash outside and inside.
Weekly - Clear out left overs
Bi -Weekly - Check expiration date on containers, clean off all paper clutter.
Monthly - pull out and dust back, sweep/vacuum floor, scrub outside and inside.

Stove
Daily - Wash down spills and outside
Weekly - Scrub stove top. Follow your stove's manual on proper cleaning procedures.
Monthly - Scrub inside of stove if not self cleaning. Pull out and clean behind, pull out drawer and clean under.
6 months - Self clean setting. (I like to do mine in October and March. If your oven is going to go it's going to go in self clean mode or under the pressure of cooking a Thanksgiving feast.)

Dishwasher
Daily - Clean out drain catch, sweep under as far as your broom will go.
Weekly - Run a cleaning load (no dishes, just vinegar/dishwasher cleaner)
Monthly - Check hoses, drains, and door seals.

Freezer
Weekly - Sweep around outside.
Monthly - Rotate your frozen food stock, check seals, and expiration dates as well. (Freezer Food Chart)
Bi - Monthly - Defrost

Kitchen Sink
Daily - Shine your sink
Weekly - Scrub out your garbage disposal,
Monthly - Clean out under the sink, check for leaks,

For today I want you to stick with the big 3, fridge, stove, and freezer. This may take the whole day but after you can set up a proper cleaning schedule to suit your needs. If you have time work on the other large appliances.

*Dear readers a note from me. As I take the time to clean my home in the way I ask you to clean yours I sometimes forget to submit my posts in a timely manner. I have taken to using Mr. Mechanic's work laptop since my desktop is old and flighty lately, so sometimes it takes a day for me to post. I will try to pre-post for the next day but please bare with me as I do this.

Comments:

Free Blog Template by June Lily