Friday, November 21, 2014

Cleaning up the Holiday's ~ Week 4, Day 4 - 7 - Coming along nicely

Though I posted the cleaning in one day you do not need to clean all day long. For me I'm spreading it out over the week, along with my other room routines. Each room gets 15 minutes to clean during school from me and 15 minutes from the kids after school. It's slow going but pretty soon my home will be ready for the holiday parties that always take over my life starting Thanksgiving. Now I know your home won't be fully caught up by then unless you speed through and clean a room a day, which by then you will totally burned out. I suggest the fake it till you make it.  It's not a great way to get things done but in a pinch it will do if guests are coming to your home for dinner. Clear off the main surfaces and spot clean the high traffic areas.
If you are lucky enough not to have people over for Thanksgiving just continue to follow your routine as normal and don't try to complete everything. It's great advise for both scenarios anyways. Remember your home didn't get dirty in a day it won't be cleaned in a day.

Try doing something fun between cleaning. Play a board game and add a prize, say winner gets the next day off from chores or gets to pick dinner. Put your favorite boogie music on and dance as you clean, burn extra cookie calories. Decorate rooms as you go. Do anything that can break up cleaning time. I like things that keep me active or spending family time away from the electronics. Especially now that I've been house bound all day long due to snow and icy roads. Well I'm off to do my routine and then to brave the streets for some much needed shopping.

Comments:

Free Blog Template by June Lily