Wednesday, November 26, 2014

Bring on the holidays!

As I take time to prepare my home and menu for tomorrow, I take a moment to say am so happy and grateful for all the things that I have in my life. While I don't always take time out to publicly announce them and most days I'm lamenting about all the bad things that happen in it. I really do love my life and all who share it with me. I love the fact that in one week I will be celebrating 10 glorious up and down filled years with my best friend, the love of my life Mr. Mechanic. Followed by his birthday, Christmas, and a major milestone in my children's lives, the big 13th birthday for my oldest.

I have come a long way in my life, a large part of that is my husband who has been my rock when others say I can't he has helped me prove them wrong. Even when I doubt myself he has been my loudest cheerleader. My children have been the driving force in my life to be better than my parents and to take time out to smell the roses.

This year we are bringing in some new traditions and trying new things.
- I bought our first Elf on a Shelf and hope the kids love it even though they don't really believe in Santa anymore. I will try to keep up with pictures of all the stuff she's does.
- We're going to take time to enjoy a few Christmas light shows and tree ceremonies we haven't before.
- Mr. Mechanic and I are finally having our 'honeymoon'. A weekend with no kids or work antiquing and spending time at a local B&B.
- Cutting our own tree (hopefully)
- I was even given the green light to decorate the yard this year with large light up statues. I found R2D2 so of course he said yes LOL.

Now it's time for me to make some pies and watch some movies with the kids.

Comments:

Free Blog Template by June Lily